DRAO Galactic Plane Survey Publications
In the late 1980s, a ``DRAO Galactic Plane Survey'' was conceived to map
portions of the Galactic plane ISM with 24 separate DRAO Synthesis Telescope
fields over a longitude range of 65 to 180 degrees. Only a few DGPS fields
were actually observed before the project was shelved in favor of a more
ambitious scheme: to map a large continuous area with overlapping
fields, as demonstrated by a 10-field pilot study
(somewhat confusingly, the new survey was also called the DRAO Galactic Plane
Survey at first, and then just the Galactic Plane Survey, before finally being
Canadian Galactic Plane Survey in 1997). Although the original DGPS was
never completed, its observations yielded important and lasting results.
Papers related to this work are listed below; titles link to NASA ADS
- ``A power spectrum description of galactic neutral hydrogen''
Green, D. A. 1994, Ap&SS, 216, 201
- ``Observations of sources from the DRAO galactic plane survey: the SNR G104.7+2.8 and five sources near L = 105 deg, B = 0 deg''
Green, D. A., & Joncas, G. 1994, A&AS, 104, 481
- ``A power spectrum analysis of the angular scale of Galactic neutral hydrogen emission towards l=140, b=0''
Green, D. A. 1993, MNRAS, 262, 327
- ``The DRAO galactic-plane survey. III - Field at L = 85 deg''
Normandeau, M., Joncas G. & Green, D. A. 1992, A&AS, 92, 63
- ``The Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory Galactic Plane Survey, III: Field at L = 85 deg.''
Joncas, G., Normandeau, M., & Green, D. A. 1991, JRASC, 85, 201
- ``Compact radio sources in the galactic plane near L = 140 deg, B = 0 deg''
Green, D. A. 1991, A&A, 88, 355
- ``Radio Continuum Observations of a Galactic Field Centred on the Supernova Remnant G:73.9+0.9''
Pineault, S., & Chastenay, P. 1990, MNRAS, 246, 169 (intended to fill a DGPS coverage gap)
- ``G 65.1 + 0.6 - A new supernova remnant of low surface brightness''
Landecker, T. L., Purton, C. R., & Clutton-Brock, M. 1990, A&A, 232, 207
- ``The DRAO galactic-plane survey. II. Field at L = 105 degrees''
Joncas, G., & Higgs, L. A. 1990, A&AS, 82, 113
- ``Studies of Two Lynds Bright Nebulae - LBN 140.77 - 1.42, a Remarkable Thermal Ridge, and LBN 139.57 + 2.70, a Radio and Infrared Partial Ring''
Green, D. A. 1989, AJ, 98, 2210
- ``The DRAO Galactic plane survey. I. L = 140 deg, B = 0 deg''
Green, D. A. 1989, A&AS, 78, 277
- ``The DRAO Galactic Plane Survey''
Higgs, L. A. 1989, JRASC, 83, 105
- ``Galactic H I survey data - A database problem''
Higgs, L. A., & Dewdney, P. E. 1988, in Astronomy from large databases: Scientific objectives and methodological approaches; Proceedings of the Conference, Garching, Federal Republic of Germany, Oct. 12-14, 1987 (A89-27176 10-82). Garching, Federal Republic of Germany, European Southern Observatory, 1988, p. 341-346.
- ``Observations of Galactic HI with Arcminute Resolution''
Higgs, L. A. 1987, Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, Vol. 19, p.691
Return to the CGPS paper list.