What follows is a report on the construction, calibration and use of a
single dish radio telescope produced as a term project for a graduate level
instrumental radio astronomy course at the University of Calgary.
- The assembly and mounting of the reflector antenna as
well as its specifications and pointing limitations
- The design and construction of the amplifiers and detector, including
gain measurements of the various components
- A description of the A/D converter and software
- The determination of the system temperature, power pattern and aperture
efficiency of the telescope
- A few sample observations using the completed telescope and a discussion
of telescope detection limits
The site is brought to you by...
The behind-the-scene scenes.
Questions and observing proposals should be emailed to Russ Taylor.